Biodiesel Business Partnership Proposal
– After I got a B. Sc. in pharmacy and work in the field, I made a career shift to work in business, first it was regular business of import and export then innovative business by enter renewable energy sector and specially biodiesel.
– I started an import / export business “Toll agreement” importing and exporting on behalf of others, then we focused on exporting UCO (used cooking oil) as feedstock (raw material) for biodiesel.
– In a paradigm shift, we got contacted by an investor to start manufacturing biodiesel in Jordan, and take the advantage to become one of the first facilities in the region.
– Exploiting the cumulative experience by becoming “biodiesel advisory” for so many biodiesel producers all over the world and the region. A long list of projects mentioned below with each case scope of work.
2- Learned Lessons:
1- Master of feedstock is master of the industry. And as so investors should take care of insuring supply chain of feedstock (suitable – affordable – available) and to have a Resource Mix of so many sources:
a. Waste feedstock : ( UCO – WVO – Fats )
b. Cultured (Farmed) feedstocks: ( Jatropha oil – Castor Oil, Rapeseed oil, Algae oil … )
c. Synthetized feedstock : such as synthetizes of Glycerides (TG, TAG)
2- Large investment is one of the barriers in the field of Renewable Energy of course biodiesel also, but with high economic indices of biodiesel production.
3- Best production scheme is to manufacture in MENA region and targeting , exporting to EU market. Knowing the fact; that cost reduction is less six times.
4- Research and Development is must for a profitable and cozy production through IPs creating and capturing in the facility and in others’ facilities.
3- Core Accomplishment (list of some happy customer)
Project Country Scope of Work (SOW)
Al Harameen Oleochemicals Egypt Full setup and operation services in terms of Turnkey as external consultant
Algae farm for Biodiesel Jordan Studies (Technical – Financial –
Miscellaneous projects Different countries (Kosovo , Bosnia , Morocco, Tunisia, KSA) Different scopes according to customer needs analysis
Bio Rotterdam CleanTech Jordan then Egypt R&D in feedstock, catalyst, technologies, spec… plus providing consultancy & training
Ideal Station for Biodiesel Jordan Extension of previous project
Jordan Biodiesel Jordan Full setup and operation services in terms of Turnkey as shares’ Holder
Al Khalil import & Export (UCO collector) Egypt UCO collection , exporting
4- Goals statement:
After long experience in the field of biodiesel, we can set achievable goals:
– Sourcing feedstock suitable for biodiesel production both waste (UCO – WVO – Fats) , agriculture (Jatropha oil – Castor Oil, Rapeseed oil, Algae oil).
– Setting up a facility that Utilizing latest updated technologies and processes in production of Biodiesel.
– Reaching deals for selling of Biodiesel B100 EN1424.
5A- Required actions:
– Promoting our offered consultancy services in the target market.
– Contacting biodiesel firms in UK esp. London as target market for serving them with our services or products.
– Other suggested action plan from good self-side
5B- Required tasks:
As requested by client:
– Suppliers and sources
– Quality Control
– Cash flow (financing – payment terms)
– Pricing issues , & dynamics
– Refining (Cleaning – Purifying) system for feedstock.
– Licensing / permit
As understood by Dr. Ibrahim:
• Technology transfer & Machine Supply
• Doing Set up of Sampling, Inspection, & Analysis system.
• Quality Management System: “Quality Manual”, “Quality Control” & “Quality Assurance”
• Preparing for Certification and Accreditation by different required certificates such as ( ISCC certificate – ISO 9000 – ISO 14000 – BQ9000 ).
End of Proposal..… Sincerely
Dr. Ibrahim Farouk (Ibrahim@biorotterdam.com) Mobile +201021602609